Friday, 1 May 2015

Whose lose is it anyway ?


" People don't change. For example, I'm gonna keep repeating 'People don't change.' "

For all I agree with Dr. House I could not disagree more with this. If I speak for myself, people do change. Their thought processes change, their priorities change, their values and more importantly their belief systems. Believer and non-believers switch sides, some time they have a revelation, or a very miserable situation or something jolts them. So which side should one be on? Which one is more rewarding, comforting , satisfying?

Contrary to the popular opinion atheists are as or more vulnerable  than others. I personally don't have a belief system anymore, I can not give an assurance to myself of better future, when in doubt I can't pull GOD's name to assure myself. There is so much I miss from those days when I feared him, I knew that he has a plan for me, that I matter to him, that I am apparently more important than others in his plan, that he is the one who has figured it out for me. Now whenever I am in doubt I have to rely on fellow mortals who have or have not gone through similar situations to answer my apprehensions. I'll call them incessantly asking the same questions again and again, and most of the time they'll just tell me what I already know and things would be fine. Sometimes they can't tell me much, I confound them with my misery.

So is it for good or bad that you allay your GOD fears and try to run this life-a-thon on your own.

Whose lose it anyway if you stop believing in GOD?
Is it the worshiper or the worshiped ?
Should not we think more of the path than the destiny ?
Is it worth believing or unbelieving? So what is at stake here ?

Apparently its not just me. People have been struggling with this hard choice since long. Pascal came up with Pascal's Wager, an interesting argument on similar lines. I'll end this here as I try to find better answers.

To complete the opening line
               "People never change. They just become more of who they really are."

No comments:

Post a Comment